lördag 30 januari 2016

Emmas feministiska bokklubb

Ni har säkert redan hört att Emma Watson har startat en feministisk bokklubb  - annars, ta en titt på Our shared shelf. Gruppen har just nu över 96.000 medlemmar och fler kan det bli eftersom det är en öppen grupp där vem som helst kan bli medlem.

Så här skriver Emma Watson om sitt läsprojekt:

"Dear Readers,

As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too. 

The plan is to select and read a book every month, then discuss the work during the month’s last week (to give everyone time to read it!). I will post some questions/quotes to get things started, but I would love for this to grow into an open discussion with and between you all. Whenever possible I hope to have the author, or another prominent voice on the subject, join the conversation.

If you fancy it, please join up and participate. Everyone is welcome. I would be honoured!

Emma x"

Jag tänker titta till gruppen emellanåt, om inget annat för att få intressanta lästips. Boken som det samtalas om just nu är My life on the Road av Gloria Steinem.

2 kommentarer :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...